Current Job Listing
Job Title: Job Developer / Facilitator
Office Hours: 35 hours/per week
Start Date: April 4th, 2022
Contract: 1 year
Job Summary: Under the direction of the project manager the successful incumbent of this position is responsible for facilitation of the Essential Skills workshops, as well as supporting participants during the delivery of the Quality Assurance program; including providing job search assistance, counselling, coaching, mentoring, and placement services to program clients; and preparing program reports for the project manager.
Supervisor: Project Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver Life Skills and Job Search skills workshops in group settings, including but not limited to: Time and Stress Management, Self Esteem Building, Goal Setting, Career Exploration, Resume and Cover Letter Writing, Employment References Preparation, Interview Techniques, Tapping the Hidden Job Market, Researching Information and Statistics, Job Maintenance, Communication, Problem Solving and Workplace Assertiveness, etc.
- Monitor and coach participants’ attendance and progress in workshops; assist participants in networking with employers and monitor their progress
- Conduct appropriate assessment of participants’ assets, barriers, skills, education, experience, motivation, and employment readiness by using relevant assessment tools
- Develop Action Plans with each participant to facilitate the ongoing management of participant’s employment future
- Create a training plan and arrange Short-Term Skills training for program participants
- Work with participants to determine their individual needs and skills to market to employers in the labor market
- Design, prepare, and update job search material – manuals, forms, exercises, PowerPoint for workshops and handouts
- Search and send Job Leads to participants
- Provide Job Development and work placement, related coaching and support; develop and maintain a network of resources and employer/industry contacts in support of Job Development and Placement activities
- Assist participants in typing, editing, correcting and making changes to all job search documents and update these in the participants’ files in the office
- Assist participants in the implementation of the financial supports component of the program.(including training allowances, and other program support payments)
- Follow-up with participants after they exit the program in order to ensure employment
- Connect participants with appropriate community resources
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned from time to time
Education and Knowledge:
- Completed degree or diploma in Social Services or related discipline supplemented by two to three years’ experience in a job developer and facilitator role; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Career Development Practitioner Certificate and designation is an asset
- Experience working in environment with multiple barrier client group preferred
- Valid Drivers’ license and access to suitable vehicle is required
- Criminal Record check is a must
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to establish relationships/connections with various businesses/employers in the community
- Highly developed presentation / facilitation skills
- Ability to assist clients with typing, editing documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Fluency in English, effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Positive attitude
- Critical thinking skills
Compensation: This is a contract position from April 4, 2022 to March 24, 2023.
The hourly rate is $33 per hour, 35 hours per week.
No benefits or vacation time.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use “Job Developer/Facilitator QA Program” as the email subject.
Or complete the online application here: https://forms.gle/UbBQTZ66qUm8egkt9
*Low Entropy is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.