Full-time: 35 hours a week, remote work
Temporary: 8 weeks
Wage: $15.65 per hour
Number of positions: 2
Start date: June 27, 2022
End date: Aug 19, 2022
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program which is a government-funded program that offers paid summer employment for young Canadians to develop industry skills, knowledge, experience, and networking opportunities. Students are encouraged to apply, with special consideration for Indigenous students and students under federally protected groups. International students are not eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must meet the predetermined Government program eligibility before they apply.
The following 3 requirements must be met to be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs position:
- Candidate must be between the ages of 15-30
- Candidates must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or hold refugee status under the Refugee Protection Act
- Candidates must have a valid social insurance number and are legally entitled to work in Canada
The Social Media Manager will administer and monitor the following social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Tik-Tok. You will be responsible for creating original text and content, managing posts, and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news).
- Collaborate with other teams, such as marketing, sales, and HR to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
What skills will be developed during this placement?
- Client service
- Digital skills
How to Apply?
If you meet these qualifications, send your resume with position of interest in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out the following form and submit