LOW ENTROPY LICENSING AGREEMENT
This non-exclusive Licensing Agreement (the “Agreement”) applies to any creative work (including, but not limited to, written work, photography, paintings, and illustrations) (the “Work”) submitted by its creator (the “Author”) to the Low Entropy Foundation (“Low Entropy”), located at 1511 Eagle Mountain Drive, Coquitlam, BC V3E 2Y6. It is solely governed by the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
- Agreement of Parties: This document shall constitute the agreement between the above-mentioned parties until modified or amended by a subsequent writing. It is agreed by both parties that copyright held by the Author in any creative work that the Author submits for publication by Low Entropy on any Low Entropy platform remains with the Author. In submitting their Work for publication by Low Entropy, the Author grants Low Entropy the non-exclusive right to modify the work and/or prepare derivative materials from it, as well as publish, re-publish, reference, share, repurpose, and/or remove the Work or any part of it on or from Low Entropy’s website/s, publications (online and print), social media accounts, funding applications, and/or promotional campaigns.
- Author Crediting Obligations: In submitting their Work for publication or any other use by Low Entropy, the Author agrees that Low Entropy may, but is under no obligation to, explicitly credit the Author. Low Entropy shall not credit any other individuals or entities for the Work submitted by the Author.
- No Sale of Submitted Work: Low Entropy shall not sell the Author’s submitted Work to any third parties without written and signed agreement with the copyright holder. Sale of the Author’s submitted Work includes selling the Work on its own, as part of a collected works, or as part of any larger publication, but does not include the use, in whole or in part, of the submitted Work in fundraising materials or sponsored platforms.
- Transfer, Assignment, Amendment and Waiver: The Author may not assign or transfer any part of this Agreement. No action of either party, other than in writing agreed to by both parties, may be construed to waive or amend any provision of this Agreement.
- Severability: If any part of this Agreement is found invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity and enforceability of its remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- Agreement Period: This Agreement begins on the date the Work is submitted and persists indefinitely. It may be terminated by mutual agreement between both parties.