Low Entropy’s Likeness magazine is a low-barrier publication that welcomes a wide variety of contributions. It’s a chance to showcase your fascinating ideas and the events that shaped your life. We’re constantly on the lookout for new material from anyone and everyone – if it’s special to you, we’re interested!
We are seeking submissions for the fifth issue of Likeness! We accept short stories, articles, poems, visual artwork, and photography that portrays experiences from your lives and the world around you. We look forward to seeing your work! Whether it’s through words, drawings, photos, or all of the above, we’ve all got a story to share.
For Writing Submissions
Please submit an original poem, story, or article of up to 1,500 words. Include a title and a brief bio of yourself.
For Visual Art Submissions
Please follow these guidelines:
- Minimum image resolution: 1,200 pixels wide or larger
- File format: JPEG format of at least 10 or maximum save quality of 300 dpi
- Filename: Put your full name at the start of the filename, followed by the title/description in snake case (e.g. NoelSmith_Title)
- Post-processing: Photos altered in any way, including Instagram filters or borders, will not be accepted.
- Images without a white background are preferred.
Please include photo credits, a general introduction to your artwork, and a brief bio of yourself.
Check out previous issues of Likeness here: https://lowentropy.org/blog/